Winter fire safety campaign kit
Are you ready?
Winter is a critical time for fire prevention and education due to the spike in home fires, fire-related fatalities and injuries. We want to reduce these incidents to zero.
This year’s (2023) campaign will focus on a simple but emotive theme to remind the community to look out for themselves and their loved ones.
Last year, New South Wales saw its highest number of preventable fire fatalities and it’s up to us to assist the community to reduce risk within their homes.
The most at risk in the community include:
- Older people
- Young children
- People with disabilities
- Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander People
- People from socioeconomically disadvantaged areas
- Culturally and linguistically diverse (CaLD) people
- People who don't speak English at home
The overarching message: 'Are you ready?' aims to prompt our audience, the community, to take a few moments to prepare their home and family. Asking 'are you ready?' now means the community can be prepared if a fire occurs.
How you can help the campaign
Promote our campaign: You can promote our key winter fire safety messages by:
- Posting the below content on your social and online channels
- Sharing our FRNSW social posts or tag us: ‘Fire and Rescue NSW’
- Referring the community to our Winter Safety Checklist (www.fire.nsw.gov.au/winter)
Social assets and resources
All original photos in high resolution including other campaign support materials are available here on Google Drive [external link]