Bushfire and emergency information

To report a fire emergency

  • Call Triple Zero (000)
  • If you are deaf or have a speech or hearing impairment call 106

Bush and grass fire information

For the latest information about fire danger ratings, total fire bans and current bush and grass fires, visit the NSW Rural Fire Service Website here. [external link]

Bushfire emergencies

Deaf, hard of hearing or have a speech impairment

If you are deaf, hard of hearing or have a speech impairment, get bushfire emergency information through the National Relay Service:

  • TTY users phone 1800 555 677 then ask for 1800 679 737
  • Speak and Listen users phone 1800 555 727 then ask for 1800 679 737
  • Internet relay users connect to the NRS then ask for 1800 679 737
  • To report a fire or emergency (TTY users only), access TTY 106.

Hazard reductions

If you see a fire unattended, call Triple Zero (000)

For a list of planned hazard reduction burns, visit:
NSW RFS: Hazard reduction advisories [external link]

For health information relating to smoke from bush fires and hazard reduction burning, visit:
NSW Health: Bushfire smoke [external link]

For current and forecasted air quality, visit:
Office of Environment and Heritage: Current and forecast air quality [external link]

Flood, storms and tsunami

If you require assistance due to flood, storm or tsunami emergencies, please phone NSW State Emergency Services on 132 500

For the latest information regarding flood, storm or tsunami emergencies, visit the NSW SES website [external link].