Bushfire and emergency information
- Reporting a fire emergency
- Bush and grass fire information
- Bushfire emergencies
- Flood, storm or tsunami emergencies
To report a fire emergency
- Call Triple Zero (000)
- If you are deaf or have a speech or hearing impairment call 106
Bush and grass fire information
For the latest information about fire danger ratings, total fire bans and current bush and grass fires, visit the NSW Rural Fire Service Website here. [external link]
- Check the NSW Rural Fire Service website, Fires Near Me page [external link] for current incidents.
- Listen to local media.
- Check social media such as NSW RFS Facebook [external link] and NSW RFS Twitter [external link].
- Bush Fire Information Line - 1800 679 737
Deaf, hard of hearing or have a speech impairment
If you are deaf, hard of hearing or have a speech impairment, get bushfire emergency information through the National Relay Service:
- TTY users phone 1800 555 677 then ask for 1800 679 737
- Speak and Listen users phone 1800 555 727 then ask for 1800 679 737
- Internet relay users connect to the NRS then ask for 1800 679 737
- To report a fire or emergency (TTY users only), access TTY 106.
If you see a fire unattended, call Triple Zero (000)
For a list of planned hazard reduction burns, visit:
NSW RFS: Hazard reduction advisories [external link]
For health information relating to smoke from bush fires and hazard reduction burning, visit:
NSW Health: Bushfire smoke [external link]
For current and forecasted air quality, visit:
Office of Environment and Heritage: Current and forecast air quality [external link]
Flood, storms and tsunami
If you require assistance due to flood, storm or tsunami emergencies, please phone NSW State Emergency Services on 132 500
For the latest information regarding flood, storm or tsunami emergencies, visit the NSW SES website [external link].