Welcome to Fire and Rescue NSW
FRNSW is one of the world’s largest urban fire and rescue services and is the busiest in Australia. Our overriding purpose is to enhance community safety, quality of life, and confidence by minimising the impact of hazards and emergency incidents on the people, property, environment and economy of NSW.
Prepared for anything.
What we're doing
- Oct 20, 2018, 10:06 pm - TRANGIE | #FRNSW crews have contained a fierce house fire and prevented it spreading to adjoining premises, no pers… https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1053603480236109824 [external link]
- Oct 20, 2018, 6:09 pm - RT @BOM_NSW: #Storms are currently moving through large parts of #NSW, with the line stretching from the #Qld to #Victoria borders. Warning…
- Oct 20, 2018, 3:24 pm - 98 floors and 1504 steps done and dusted! Well done to all the firefighters who took part in today's… https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1053502076838277120 [external link]
- Oct 20, 2018, 3:14 pm - RT @dailytelegraph: To all the fireys out there, congratulations on a mammoth effort for motor neurone disease today, what a climb! .@FRNSW…
- Oct 20, 2018, 9:56 am - More than 600+ firefighters from #FRNSW, @NSWRFS, @ACTFireRescue and others taking part in @FiriesClimbMND… https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1053419724132909056 [external link]
- Oct 20, 2018, 9:47 am - RT @dailytelegraph: The moving story behind today's epic Firefighters Climb for Motor Neurone Disease. .@FRNSW .@FiriesClimbMND #Firefighte…
Quick linksBushfire and emergency information Become an on-call Firefighter NOW!
In an emergency call Triple Zero (000)
Bushfire Information: Call the NSW Rural Fire Service: 1800 679 737
www.rfs.nsw.gov.au [external link]
Floods and Storms: Call the SES: 132 500
www.ses.nsw.gov.au [external link]
If you see a fire unattended, call Triple Zero (000)
For a list of planned hazard reduction burns, visit:
NSW RFS: Hazard reduction advisories [external link]
For current and forecasted air quality, visit:
Office of Environment and Heritage: Current and forecast air quality [external link]