Welcome to Fire and Rescue NSW
FRNSW is one of the world’s largest urban fire and rescue services and is the busiest in Australia. Our overriding purpose is to enhance community safety, quality of life, and confidence by minimising the impact of hazards and emergency incidents on the people, property, environment and economy of NSW.
Prepared for anything.
What we're doing
- Aug 16, 2019, 11:50 am - MENAI | Fire crews are currently completing a hazard reduction burn in bushland at Berry Grove Reserve to provide strategic protection for nearby properties. Smoke may be visible in the area today. For further details on hazard reductions visit: http://pbs.twimg.com/media/ECDkRLtUYAA2C1e.jpg [external link]
- Aug 15, 2019, 2:35 pm - CHELTENHAM | Multiple #FRNSW crews have been called to a house fire in Cobran Rd. Large volumes of smoke are issuing from a single level house. Firefighting ops are underway. http://pbs.twimg.com/media/EB_AfGDVUAAJ2Ax.jpg [external link]
- Aug 15, 2019, 2:26 pm - ENGADINE | Firefighters are currently carrying out a hazard reduction burn in bushland near Mount Carmel Pl to provide strategic protection for nearby properties. Smoke is visible in the area. For further details on hazard reductions visit: http://pbs.twimg.com/media/EB--c-yVUAAeIPg.jpg [external link]
- Aug 15, 2019, 1:34 pm - RT @LiveTrafficNSW: BRAEMAR: Only 1 lane open on the Old Hume Hwy at Isedale Rd due to a building fire. Stop/slow is in place on that lane, so factor in some extra time. Northbound traffic is heavy.
- Aug 15, 2019, 1:30 pm - BRAEMAR | #FRNSW and @NSWRFS firefighters are working to contain a blaze at a pottery shop on the Old Hume Hwy. The fire started in a shipping container filled with furniture and spread to the pottery shop. The shop has been evacuated as crews work to access the fire. http://pbs.twimg.com/media/EB-xsJLUcAIKb0R.jpg [external link]
- Aug 14, 2019, 4:15 pm - LISMORE | Firefighters are slowly making progress extinguishing a fire burning in nine large compost piles at Lismore Recycling & Recovery Centre. #FRNSW is working with @LismoreCouncil on the smouldering fire, using heavy machinery to pull the piles apart http://pbs.twimg.com/media/EB6NydeWkAI8Hc1.jpg [external link]
Quick linksPermanent (full-time) Firefighter Recruitment Bushfire and emergency information Become an on-call Firefighter NOW!
In an emergency call Triple Zero (000)
Bushfire Information: Call the NSW Rural Fire Service: 1800 679 737
www.rfs.nsw.gov.au [external link]
Floods and Storms: Call the SES: 132 500
www.ses.nsw.gov.au [external link]
If you see a fire unattended, call Triple Zero (000)
For a list of planned hazard reduction burns, visit:
NSW RFS: Hazard reduction advisories [external link]
For current and forecasted air quality, visit:
Office of Environment and Heritage: Current and forecast air quality [external link]