Welcome to Fire and Rescue NSW
FRNSW is one of the world’s largest urban fire and rescue services and is the busiest in Australia. Our overriding purpose is to enhance community safety, quality of life, and confidence by minimising the impact of hazards and emergency incidents on the people, property, environment and economy of NSW.
Prepared for anything.
What we're doing
- Sep 26, 2018, 4:20 pm - RT @NSWSES: Severe storms are about today in eastern NSW. Good time to park the car under cover and secure and put away loose items and sta…
- Sep 25, 2018, 11:44 am - This is the scene that #FRNSW firefighters faced in Kempsey this morning, after fire engulfed a panel beaters shop… https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1044402145234059264 [external link]
- Sep 25, 2018, 10:58 am - EAST RYDE | Firefighters are carrying out a hazard reduction burn in bushland between Epping Rd and Magdala Rd to p… https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1044390588131377152 [external link]
- Sep 25, 2018, 8:27 am - WEST KEMPSEY | Firefighters are on the scene of a building fire in Verge St. A panel beaters shop behind a service… https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1044352610986127360 [external link]
- Sep 24, 2018, 2:01 pm - WOOLLAHRA | #FRNSW crews are setting up an exclusion zone following a gas leak in Ocean St. Five people have been evacuated as a precaution.
- Sep 24, 2018, 11:25 am - A newborn kitten used up one of its nine lives this morning after becoming trapped in the wall cavity of a home in… https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1044035027724492800 [external link]
Quick linksBushfire and emergency information Become an on-call Firefighter NOW!
In an emergency call Triple Zero (000)
Bushfire Information: Call the NSW Rural Fire Service: 1800 679 737
www.rfs.nsw.gov.au [external link]
Floods and Storms: Call the SES: 132 500
www.ses.nsw.gov.au [external link]
If you see a fire unattended, call Triple Zero (000)
For a list of planned hazard reduction burns, visit:
NSW RFS: Hazard reduction advisories [external link]
For current and forecasted air quality, visit:
Office of Environment and Heritage: Current and forecast air quality [external link]