Welcome to Fire and Rescue NSW
FRNSW is one of the worldâ€™s largest urban fire and rescue services and is the busiest in Australia. Our overriding purpose is to enhance community safety, quality of life, and confidence by minimising the impact of hazards and emergency incidents on the people, property, environment and economy of NSW.
Prepared for anything.
What we're doing
- Jun 25, 2019, 4:51 pm - Batemans Bay firefighters have been busy today learning to operate and fly an RPAS (drone). Once trained, they’ll be able to provide a vital eye in the sky at emergency incidents across the region. https://twitter.com/FRNSW/status/1143411400485683200/photo/1 [external link]
- Jun 25, 2019, 3:50 pm - #FRNSW firefighters came to the aid of a spaniel named Duke today after the poor pooch became trapped on a ledge at his home in Collaroy. The crew retrieved Duke with the help of a ladder and he was reunited with his relieved owner Annie. https://twitter.com/FRNSW/status/1143396055939076098/photo/1 [external link]
- Jun 23, 2019, 7:01 pm - Keep your family safe this winter by NEVER using outdoor heaters, barbecues or charcoal pits inside your home. LPG, heat beads and the like emit lethal carbon monoxide which can be fatal in a confined space. For more info visit #PreparedForAnything http://www.fire.nsw.gov.au/winter [external link] https://twitter.com/FRNSW/status/1142719423930720256/photo/1 [external link]
- Jun 23, 2019, 3:08 pm - Make sure your family is prepared for anything this cold snap. Cleaning out the lint filter in your clothes dryer before each use will help reduce the risk of a fire. If a fire does occur, get out, stay out and call Triple Zero (000). #PreparedForAnything http://www.fire.nsw.gov.au/winter [external link] https://twitter.com/FRNSW/status/1142660580290920450/photo/1 [external link]
- Jun 23, 2019, 12:30 pm - Make sure you and your family are prepared for anything this winter. Check for fire hazards around the home, such as overloaded power boards. For more fire safety tips visit #PreparedForAnything http://www.fire.nsw.gov.au/winter [external link] https://twitter.com/FRNSW/status/1142621008098025472/photo/1 [external link]
- Jun 23, 2019, 9:22 am - Did you know that 60% of home fires happen in winter? Don’t be a statistic. Always keep looking when cooking to prevent kitchen fires. For more fire safety tips visit #PreparedForAnything http://www.fire.nsw.gov.au/winter [external link] https://twitter.com/FRNSW/status/1142573498813931520/photo/1 [external link]
Quick linksBushfire and emergency information Become an on-call Firefighter NOW!
In an emergency call Triple Zero (000)
Bushfire Information: Call the NSW Rural Fire Service: 1800 679 737
www.rfs.nsw.gov.au [external link]
Floods and Storms: Call the SES: 132 500
www.ses.nsw.gov.au [external link]
If you see a fire unattended, call Triple Zero (000)
For a list of planned hazard reduction burns, visit:
NSW RFS: Hazard reduction advisories [external link]
For current and forecasted air quality, visit:
Office of Environment and Heritage: Current and forecast air quality [external link]