Welcome to Fire and Rescue NSW
FRNSW is one of the world’s largest urban fire and rescue services and is the busiest in Australia. Our overriding purpose is to enhance community safety, quality of life, and confidence by minimising the impact of hazards and emergency incidents on the people, property, environment and economy of NSW.
Prepared for anything.
What we're doing
- May 23, 2019, 5:06 pm - Today’s rescue drill at Luna Park was not for those with a fear of heights. #FRNSW firefighters simulated a rescue from the top of the famous ferris wheel using ladder platform trucks as part of a pre incident planning exercise. #PreparedForAnything https://twitter.com/FRNSW/status/1131456416324018176/photo/1 [external link]
- May 23, 2019, 10:28 am - WOODRISING | Firefighters have begun a hazard reduction burn across six hectares of bushland near The Ridgeway to provide strategic protection for nearby properties. Smoke will be visible in the area. For further details on hazard reductions visit: https://bit.ly/1yBxlVE [external link] https://twitter.com/FRNSW/status/1131356200543481856/photo/1 [external link]
- May 22, 2019, 8:25 am - Today is Wear Orange Wednesday and things don’t come much more orange than our hazmat splash suits! Firefighters donned the protective suits to celebrate #WOWDay and say thanks to the amazing @NSWSES volunteers who give their time to respond to emergencies. #thankyouses https://twitter.com/FRNSW/status/1130962875525189633/photo/1 [external link]
- May 21, 2019, 11:52 am - GLENDALE | An injured worker was rescued from the top of a building site in Main Rd this morning with the help of our ladder platform truck. The worker was safely extracted by #FRNSW firefighters and @NSWAmbulance and transported to hospital. https://twitter.com/FRNSW/status/1130652539798532096/photo/1 [external link]
- May 20, 2019, 10:32 am - ST LEONARDS | #FRNSW crews helped free a worker trapped after a vehicle rollover at a construction site this morning. Crews stabilised the machine using an excavator, airbags and blocks before digging under to release the man. He was transported to hospital in a stable condition. https://twitter.com/FRNSW/status/1130269910431518720/photo/1 [external link]
- May 19, 2019, 11:41 am - RT @FRNSW_RS3: @FRNSW #Tumbarumba in attendance at light aircraft crash near #PaddysRiver with @nswpolice @NSWAmbulance #FRNSW
Quick linksBushfire and emergency information Become an on-call Firefighter NOW!
In an emergency call Triple Zero (000)
Bushfire Information: Call the NSW Rural Fire Service: 1800 679 737
www.rfs.nsw.gov.au [external link]
Floods and Storms: Call the SES: 132 500
www.ses.nsw.gov.au [external link]
If you see a fire unattended, call Triple Zero (000)
For a list of planned hazard reduction burns, visit:
NSW RFS: Hazard reduction advisories [external link]
For current and forecasted air quality, visit:
Office of Environment and Heritage: Current and forecast air quality [external link]