Welcome to Fire and Rescue NSW
FRNSW is one of the world’s largest urban fire and rescue services and is the busiest in Australia. Our overriding purpose is to enhance community safety, quality of life, and confidence by minimising the impact of hazards and emergency incidents on the people, property, environment and economy of NSW.
Prepared for anything.
What we're doing
- Oct 13, 2019, 2:20 pm - RT @NSWRFS: After light rain yesterday across the Busbys Flat Fire warm, dry conditions are forecast to return today. Planning is underway to conduct a number of backburns over coming days. People will see an increase of smoke & fire activity when these burns are conducted. #NSWRFS https://twitter.com/NSWRFS/status/1183130212390686720/photo/1 [external link]
- Oct 11, 2019, 12:19 pm - RT @MoF_Sydney: Gosford RSL went up in flames on 22 January 1973. Pictured here is Woy Woy Brigade just after arriving, coupling lines to the motor as hot gases ignite though the windows. FlashbackFriday #FRNSW https://twitter.com/MoF_Sydney/status/1182385780095963136/photo/1 [external link]
- Oct 10, 2019, 6:49 pm - RT @NSWRFS: Over the last few days we've some of the worst nature can offer - but also some of the best in human nature. Thank you to all firefighters from #NSWRFS, @FRNSW, @OEHmedia and Forestry who have worked so hard to protect communities - in many cases, their own communities. #nswfires https://twitter.com/NSWRFS/status/1182201313582403585/photo/1 [external link]
- Oct 9, 2019, 10:45 am - Did you see us on #ABCCatalyst last night? The ABC Science Catalyst crew spent the day with us to learn more about "recognition primed decision making" and how we use this when responding to incidents. #preparedforanything
- Oct 9, 2019, 10:34 am - RT @NSWRFS: A reminder - if you're worried worried about family or friends in fire affected areas, or you've been affected yourself, register with Register.Find.Reunite at #nswrfs #nswfires
- Oct 9, 2019, 6:43 am - RT @NSWRFS: If you’re concerned about family or friends who may have been affected by the fires across northern NSW, check in here. #nswrfs #nswfires @RedCrossAU
Quick linksFire permits Bushfire and emergency information Become an on-call Firefighter NOW!
In an emergency call Triple Zero (000)
Bushfire Information: Call the NSW Rural Fire Service: 1800 679 737
www.rfs.nsw.gov.au [external link]
Floods and Storms: Call the SES: 132 500
www.ses.nsw.gov.au [external link]
If you see a fire unattended, call Triple Zero (000)
For a list of planned hazard reduction burns, visit:
NSW RFS: Hazard reduction advisories [external link]
For current and forecasted air quality, visit:
Office of Environment and Heritage: Current and forecast air quality [external link]