Welcome to Fire and Rescue NSW
FRNSW is one of the world’s largest urban fire and rescue services and is the busiest in Australia. Our overriding purpose is to enhance community safety, quality of life, and confidence by minimising the impact of hazards and emergency incidents on the people, property, environment and economy of NSW.
Prepared for anything.
What we're doing
- Aug 19, 2018, 4:42 pm - RT @NSWRFS: Watch & Act: Salt Ash Fire (Port Stephens LGA). Easing conditions on the fire ground has seen the threat to homes reduced. Resi…
- Aug 19, 2018, 4:40 pm - RT @NSWRFS: EMERGENCY WARNING: Mothersoles Rd Fire (Richmond Valley LGA). A bush fire is burning off Mothersoles Road SW of Coraki. The fir…
- Aug 19, 2018, 3:45 pm - RT @NSWRFS: EMERGENCY WARNING: SALT ASH FIRE (PORT STEPHENS LGA). Fire activity is slowly starting to ease, however there is still some err…
- Aug 19, 2018, 2:05 pm - RT @NSWRFS: EMERGENCY WARNING: Salt Ash Fire (Port Stephens LGA) Fire activity has increased and is approaching Lemon Tree Passage Road. Fi…
- Aug 19, 2018, 12:48 pm - RT @NSWRFS: EMERGENCY WARNING: SALT ASH FIRE (PORT STEPHENS LGA) Residents in the area of Brownes Road and Rookes Road should seek shelter…
- Aug 19, 2018, 12:10 pm - From one extreme to the other. #FRNSW firefighters from Jindabyne went from helping with the bushfires in Bega yest… https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1031000428329062401 [external link]
Quick linksBushfire and emergency information Become an on-call Firefighter NOW!
In an emergency call Triple Zero (000)
Bushfire Information: Call the NSW Rural Fire Service: 1800 679 737
www.rfs.nsw.gov.au [external link]
Floods and Storms: Call the SES: 132 500
www.ses.nsw.gov.au [external link]
If you see a fire unattended, call Triple Zero (000)
For a list of planned hazard reduction burns, visit:
NSW RFS: Hazard reduction advisories [external link]
For current and forecasted air quality, visit:
Office of Environment and Heritage: Current and forecast air quality [external link]