Welcome to Fire and Rescue NSW
FRNSW is one of the world’s largest urban fire and rescue services and is the busiest in Australia. Our overriding purpose is to enhance community safety, quality of life, and confidence by minimising the impact of hazards and emergency incidents on the people, property, environment and economy of NSW.
Prepared for anything.
What we're doing
- Jun 20, 2018, 2:47 pm - Operations continue in Port Kembla. The deep-seated fire in the ship's cargo hold is proving difficult to access.… https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1009296734013419520 [external link]
- Jun 19, 2018, 4:22 pm - There’s been little time for firefighters to admire the sky over Port Kembla as they battle a fire in the cargo hol… https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1008958198236119042 [external link]
- Jun 19, 2018, 10:34 am - PORT KEMBLA | UPDATE: Firefighters worked tirelessly overnight & extinguished the fire on the conveyor belt on the… https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1008870719436947457 [external link]
- Jun 18, 2018, 4:42 pm - PORT KEMBLA | UPDATE: Three aerial appliances are being used to access and extinguish the fire in the cargo hold of… https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1008600786241085440 [external link]
- Jun 18, 2018, 11:59 am - RT @AIDR_News: .@FRNSW's Bronnie Mackintosh spoke at @tedxsydney on Friday about diversity and inclusion in the emergency services. Watch t…
Quick linksBushfire and emergency information Become an on-call Firefighter NOW!
In an emergency call Triple Zero (000)
Bushfire Information: Call the NSW Rural Fire Service: 1800 679 737
www.rfs.nsw.gov.au [external link]
Floods and Storms: Call the SES: 132 500
www.ses.nsw.gov.au [external link]