Welcome to Fire and Rescue NSW
FRNSW is one of the world’s largest urban fire and rescue services and is the busiest in Australia. Our overriding purpose is to enhance community safety, quality of life, and confidence by minimising the impact of hazards and emergency incidents on the people, property, environment and economy of NSW.
Prepared for anything.
What we're doing
- Aug 18, 2018, 9:47 pm - RT @NSWRFS: Emergency Warning: Salt Ash Fire (Port Stephens LGA) The fire continues to move quickly in a north easterly direction. Spot fir…
- Aug 18, 2018, 4:17 pm - RT @NSWRFS: The threat to the town of Tabulam from the Plains Station Road fire (Tenterfield LGA) has eased. This fire has been downgraded…
- Aug 18, 2018, 4:16 pm - RT @NSWRFS: WATCH AND ACT - Coba Point, Berowa Creek (Hornsby LGA) There is a fire currently burning behind homes at Coba Point, Berowa Cre…
- Aug 18, 2018, 3:15 pm - RT @NSWRFS: Due to easing conditions the Kingiman Fire (Shoalhaven LGA) has been downgraded to a Watch and Act, with firefighters gaining t…
- Aug 18, 2018, 3:05 pm - RT @NSWRFS: Video footage of the fire at Lemon Tree Passage. People in the Tanilba Bay, Mallabula & Lemon Tree Passage areas should be prep…
- Aug 18, 2018, 2:52 pm - RT @NSWRFS: EMERGENCY WARNING- Salt Ash (Port Stephens LGA) -If your plan is to leave early, leave now towards Nelson Bay Rd. Fire is burni…
Quick linksBushfire and emergency information Become an on-call Firefighter NOW!
In an emergency call Triple Zero (000)
Bushfire Information: Call the NSW Rural Fire Service: 1800 679 737
www.rfs.nsw.gov.au [external link]
Floods and Storms: Call the SES: 132 500
www.ses.nsw.gov.au [external link]
If you see a fire unattended, call Triple Zero (000)
For a list of planned hazard reduction burns, visit:
NSW RFS: Hazard reduction advisories [external link]
For current and forecasted air quality, visit:
Office of Environment and Heritage: Current and forecast air quality [external link]