Welcome to Fire and Rescue NSW
FRNSW is one of the world’s largest urban fire and rescue services and is the busiest in Australia. Our overriding purpose is to enhance community safety, quality of life, and confidence by minimising the impact of hazards and emergency incidents on the people, property, environment and economy of NSW.
Prepared for anything.
What we're doing
- Apr 19, 2019, 12:18 pm - RT @MoF_Sydney: #Lidcombe #firefighters deliver Easter Eggs to children in Minali. #HappyEaster #FlasbackFriday @FRNSW
- Apr 17, 2019, 1:56 pm - Special guests at today's centenary celebration for Mosman Fire Station included the family of Mosman’s first fire Captain Charles Field and retired Station Officer Billy King, who hung up his firefighting helmet on Christmas Eve 2014 after 53 years of service. https://twitter.com/FRNSW/status/1118362637283336194/photo/1 [external link]
- Apr 17, 2019, 1:54 pm - Congratulations to #FRNSW firefighters from Mosman Fire Station, who celebrated 100 years of service to the community today! Past and present firies joined community leaders for the centenary, sharing stories of Mosman’s proud firefighting history. https://twitter.com/FRNSW/status/1118362143974412290/photo/1 [external link]
- Apr 16, 2019, 12:15 pm - RT @MoF_Sydney: It was 100 years ago today that a new fire station was officially opened in Mosman! Though the building bears the date 1918 it wasn't until 16 April 1919 that it was officially opened and it wasn't until 18 April 1919 that it became officially operational. @FRNSW #Mosman
- Apr 16, 2019, 11:14 am - WOOLLAHRA | #FRNSW crews are on the scene of a gas leak near the corner of Oxford St & Jersey Rd. More than 30 people have been evacuated from a pub and two other buildings. Gas company is attendance. Please avoid the area. https://twitter.com/FRNSW/status/1117959412746870785/photo/1 [external link]
- Apr 12, 2019, 4:51 pm - Congrats and welcome to our 16 newest firefighters who graduated today! Completing months of intense training, the class is the first to graduate from the new #FRNSW Emergency Services Academy. https://twitter.com/FRNSW/status/1116594655888412672/photo/1 [external link]
Quick linksBushfire and emergency information Become an on-call Firefighter NOW!
In an emergency call Triple Zero (000)
Bushfire Information: Call the NSW Rural Fire Service: 1800 679 737
www.rfs.nsw.gov.au [external link]
Floods and Storms: Call the SES: 132 500
www.ses.nsw.gov.au [external link]