Welcome to Fire and Rescue NSW
FRNSW is one of the world’s largest urban fire and rescue services and is the busiest in Australia. Our overriding purpose is to enhance community safety, quality of life, and confidence by minimising the impact of hazards and emergency incidents on the people, property, environment and economy of NSW.
Prepared for anything.
What we're doing
- Apr 24, 2019, 3:04 pm - RT @LiveTrafficSyd: SANDY POINT: Heathcote Rd closed in both directions btn Pleasure Pt Rd & St George Cr due to truck/car crash. Avoid the area. You can consider New Illawarra Rd/Alfords Pt Rd/Davies Rd/M5 as an alt route.
- Apr 23, 2019, 6:42 pm - SYDNEY CBD | UPDATE: Gas company Jemena has capped a gas leak at the entrance to the Sydney Opera House site. #FRNSW firefighters have completed gas monitoring. Exclusion zones have now been lifted and patrons allowed to return to the concourse and adjoining restaurants.
- Apr 23, 2019, 3:46 pm - SYDNEY CBD | #FRNSW crews are on the scene of a gas leak at Sydney Opera House. Approx 500 people have been evacuated from the concourse and adjoining restaurants. Gas company is at work and firefighters are monitoring atmosphere for gas levels.
- Apr 23, 2019, 3:43 pm - RT @LiveTrafficSyd: Macquarie St is now closed at Bridge St due to this gas leak. Use local diversions and allow extra travel time.
- Apr 23, 2019, 3:19 pm - RT @LiveTrafficSyd: SYDNEY CBD: Macquarie St is closed in both directions due to a gas leak at Sydney Opera House. Use Albert St instead and allow extra travel time.
- Apr 23, 2019, 1:37 pm - WORONORA HEIGHTS | Firefighters have begun a hazard reduction burn in a small area of bushland at Albatross Reserve to provide protection for nearby properties. Smoke may be visible in the area, with the burn is expected to take about 4 hours. https://twitter.com/FRNSW/status/1120532234778370051/photo/1 [external link]
Quick linksBushfire and emergency information Become an on-call Firefighter NOW!
In an emergency call Triple Zero (000)
Bushfire Information: Call the NSW Rural Fire Service: 1800 679 737
www.rfs.nsw.gov.au [external link]
Floods and Storms: Call the SES: 132 500
www.ses.nsw.gov.au [external link]