Welcome to Fire and Rescue NSW
FRNSW is one of the world’s largest urban fire and rescue services and is the busiest in Australia. Our overriding purpose is to enhance community safety, quality of life, and confidence by minimising the impact of hazards and emergency incidents on the people, property, environment and economy of NSW.
Prepared for anything.
What we're doing
- Jul 19, 2019, 7:11 pm - Congratulations and welcome to our 16 newest firefighters! The new recruits celebrated their graduation today and will now put months of intense training into action, joining crews at #FRNSW stations across Sydney. https://twitter.com/FRNSW/status/1152143793950302215/photo/1 [external link]
- Jul 19, 2019, 12:01 pm - Applications are now open for our 2019 recruitment campaign. We are looking for people from all types of backgrounds who reflect the professionalism, dedication and values of FRNSW. Apply now if you'd like to join the team that's prepared for anything. http://www.fire.nsw.gov.au/recruitment [external link]
- Jul 19, 2019, 11:10 am - RT @MoF_Sydney: View from across the river as Queanbeyan Leagues Club was ravaged by fire, 20 December 1972. #FlashbackFriday @FRNSW
- Jul 16, 2019, 9:37 am - NORTH PARRAMATTA | More than a dozen #FRNSW crews are attacking a fire at a factory unit in Dunlop St. Heavy smoke is issuing from the building. https://twitter.com/FRNSW/status/1150912208424988672/photo/1 [external link]
- Jul 14, 2019, 9:05 pm - Keep your family safe this winter by NEVER using outdoor heaters, barbecues or charcoal pits inside your home. LPG, heat beads and the like emit lethal carbon monoxide which can be fatal in a confined space. For more information, visit #PreparedForAnything http://www.fire.nsw.gov.au/winter [external link] https://twitter.com/FRNSW/status/1150360736541003776/photo/1 [external link]
- Jul 14, 2019, 7:21 pm - We’re here to help anyone, anywhere, anytime. There are small things you can do to help us help you. Remember to always keep items one metre from the heater to avoid fire risks. For more fire safety tips visit #PreparedForAnything http://www.fire.nsw.gov.au/winter [external link] https://twitter.com/FRNSW/status/1150334594572406784/photo/1 [external link]
Quick linksPermanent (full-time) Firefighter Recruitment Bushfire and emergency information Become an on-call Firefighter NOW!
In an emergency call Triple Zero (000)
Bushfire Information: Call the NSW Rural Fire Service: 1800 679 737
www.rfs.nsw.gov.au [external link]
Floods and Storms: Call the SES: 132 500
www.ses.nsw.gov.au [external link]
If you see a fire unattended, call Triple Zero (000)
For a list of planned hazard reduction burns, visit:
NSW RFS: Hazard reduction advisories [external link]
For current and forecasted air quality, visit:
Office of Environment and Heritage: Current and forecast air quality [external link]