Welcome to Fire and Rescue NSW
FRNSW is one of the world’s largest urban fire and rescue services and is the busiest in Australia. Our overriding purpose is to enhance community safety, quality of life, and confidence by minimising the impact of hazards and emergency incidents on the people, property, environment and economy of NSW.
Prepared for anything.
What we're doing
- Sep 16, 2019, 4:04 pm - Multiple #FRNSW crews are on scene extinguishing the grass fire that had also spread to a 50 tonne crane. Firefighting operations are still underway.
- Sep 16, 2019, 3:48 pm - RT @NSWRFS: EMERGENCY WARNING: Long Gully Rd, Drake (Tenterfield LGA) The fire is burning on the northern side of Drake, towards Cheviot Hills Road and Sugarbag Road. #nswrfs #nswfires https://twitter.com/NSWRFS/status/1173464556720578565/photo/1 [external link]
- Sep 13, 2019, 3:41 pm - This weekend it's time for you and your family to #GetReady for bushfire season. There are simple things you can do to protect the irreplaceable ahead of a long, hot, dry summer.
- Sep 12, 2019, 3:45 pm - NORTH NOWRA | #FRNSW firefighters have been called to a house fire in Page Ave. A single storey home is totally involved in fire. Firefighting ops are underway. http://pbs.twimg.com/media/EEPdIQ0U4AANAN5.jpg [external link]
- Sep 12, 2019, 10:07 am - Today is #RUOKDay. How do you ask someone if they are ok? And what do you do if they say they're not ok? This simple guide can help. Find more tips at @ruokday http://pbs.twimg.com/media/EEOPogWUEAAKgEI.jpg [external link]
- Sep 12, 2019, 10:04 am - #FRNSW firefighters are at Royal Randwick today for the Digital.NSW Showcase, sharing how we’re bringing digital to frontline emergency operations. Join us outside for demonstrations of our RPAS capability starting at 10.30am and during breaks in sessions. #digitalnsw http://pbs.twimg.com/media/EEOO8BxU4AAIA9t.jpg [external link]
Quick linksPermanent (full-time) Firefighter Recruitment Bushfire and emergency information Become an on-call Firefighter NOW!
In an emergency call Triple Zero (000)
Bushfire Information: Call the NSW Rural Fire Service: 1800 679 737
www.rfs.nsw.gov.au [external link]
Floods and Storms: Call the SES: 132 500
www.ses.nsw.gov.au [external link]
If you see a fire unattended, call Triple Zero (000)
For a list of planned hazard reduction burns, visit:
NSW RFS: Hazard reduction advisories [external link]
For current and forecasted air quality, visit:
Office of Environment and Heritage: Current and forecast air quality [external link]