Fire & Rescue NSW (FRNSW) respects the privacy of members of the public who use our services and of our employees and volunteers.
Privacy Protection Notice
Under section 10 of the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998 (NSW) [External link] (PPIPA), when FRNSW collects personal information from an individual, such as their name, address, telephone number or email address, FRNSW must make the individual aware of:
- the purposes for which the information is being collected;
- the intended recipients of the information;
- whether the supply of the information is required by law or is voluntary;
- any consequences for the individual if the information (or any part of it) is not provided;
- ways the individual can access and correct the information; and
- the name and address of the unit that is collecting the information and the unit that is to hold the information.
Personal information, such as a person’s name, telephone number, address and location may be recorded when individuals call the Triple Zero (000) emergency number. Individuals making these calls will not be provided with the above mentioned notice when reporting an emergency incident.
Fire & Rescue NSW may collect personal information in relation to emergency incidents. Where this information is collected, a generic Privacy Protection Notice is available.
All data received, including any recording of the emergency call, will be managed according to FRNSW’s Privacy Management Plan (see below).
The procedure that FRNSW follows to manage this information is contained in the FRNSW Privacy Management Plan (PDF)
For further information about privacy contact the FRNSW Privacy Officer.