Application for access
Request for incident information
If you would like more information regarding an incident attended by Fire and Rescue NSW (FRNSW) for insurance claims etc, please complete the Request for incident information form.
Applying for formal access to FRNSW information
Fire and Rescue NSW develops and holds a range of documents in relation to large incidents fire safety and other topics. This information is available to the public through the Government Information Public Access (GIPA) Act. To obtain this information individuals or companies must lodge a GIPA application.
Applications for formal access to documents must be in writing and can be made on the downloadable application form below, or in the form of a letter.
The application must:
- be in writing;
- clearly indicate that it is an access application under the GIPA Act;
- be accompanied by the fee of $30.00;
- specify the documents required or provide sufficient information to enable the documents to be identified;
- provide an postal address for correspondence; and
- lodged with the FRNSW either by hand or mail.
In regard to fees, applicants may be entitled to a 50% reduction in processing charges:
- on financial hardship grounds; or
- if the requested information is of special benefit to the public.
Please complete the form below if you want to apply for formal access to FRNSW information under the Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009 (GIPA Act). Lodgement options are included at the end of the form.