Compliance and regulation

Lodge a fire safety complaint
Any person identifying an issue with the fire safety measures of a given building may lodge a fire safety complaint with Fire and Rescue NSW (FRNSW), who may inspect the premises to assess the matter.

Comment on an occupied building
Consent and regulatory authorities, including local Council, water authorities and other Government agencies, may seek FRNSW comment on any fire safety matter, development condition, compliance issue or Order applying to an existing occupied building.

Request a maritime lease inspection
The owner of a marina or waterfront facility may be required to have the fire safety measures inspected by FRNSW as a condition of the lease agreement with NSW Roads and Maritime Services (RMS).

Request a joint inspection
Local government authorities may request FRNSW to undertake a joint inspection in relation to the fire safety provisions of an existing occupied building.