Pre Ed (Early Stage 1)
Pre Ed (Early Stage 1) is a fire safety education program for students in Kindergarten. The program is mapped to the Early Stage 1 PDHPE curriculum.
Students will learn:
- about firefighters,
- how to stay safe in a fire,
- how to create and practice a Home Fire Escape Plan, and
- about match/lighter safety.
All programs contain everything educators need to deliver the lessons, including Lesson Plans, Student Workbooks, and Educator/Teacher Resource Kits.
Progam resources can be found at the Bridgade Kids website.
Click here to view all the resources needed for Pre Ed (Early Stage 1 - Kindergarten) [external link].
Planning and program delivery
To ensure our updated evidence-based programs are implemented correctly and consistently, planning and delivery must follow the steps below.
1. Request Program
- Complete the Program Request Form [external link] and return it to the FRNSW fire station that contacted you (your local fire station).
2. Book Firefighters
- Remember to book the firefighter session in Week 5 of the program.
- Conduct pre-test assessment one week prior to commencing program
4. Deliver Lessons
- Week 1: Lesson One
- Week 2: Lesson Two
- Week 3: Lesson Three
- Week 4: Lesson Four
- Week 5: Firefighter Session
- Conduct post-test assessment immediately after program completion
- Conduct post-test assessment again two months after program completion