Slow cooked pulled beef burritos
Created by Campbelltown Firefighter Ben
- 1.5kg piece of chuck steak
- 2 carrots grated
- 1 zucchini grated
- 1 red onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 can of corn
- 1 can of chopped tomatoes with added tomato paste
- 2 packets taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup beef stock
- 1 lettuce
- 1 avocado
- Grated cheese
- Sour cream
- 15 - 20 tortillas
- Seal steak in a hot fry pan
- Make salsa by combining carrots, zucchini, tomatoes, onion, corn, garlic, stock and seasoning in slow cooker and stir until seasoning has broken down.
- Place steak into salsa and cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours.
- Rotate meat occasionally.
- Remove meat from cooker and shred with a fork.
- Scoop salsa into a strainer and press to remove some of the liquid.
- Place meat on a tortilla with salsa, lettuce, avocado, cheese and sour cream.