Traditional North Indian Butter Chicken and Rice
Created by Created by St Marys Firefighter Antony
Preparation time: 25 minutes
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 2 tablespoons fennel
- 4 cloves garlic
- 4cm piece of ginger, micro grated
- 200g butter
- 2 large onions, diced
- 8 large roma tomatoes
- 300g cashew nuts, raw
- 1.5kg chicken thighs
- 400g cream
- 2 tablespoons garam masala
- 2 tablespoons turmeric
- 1 tablespoon salt to taste
- Dry roast spices in a heavy pan and set aside.
- Pan fry garlic ginger and onion with a little oil until soft.
- Add butter, reduce heat to low, add cashews and spices then remove all ingredients and place in blender till smooth.
- Place all ingredients in a pan and cook on a low heat approximately 50 minutes or until chicken is tender.
- Serve with fresh coriander, naan bread and rice.