Applications for the 2014 Permanent Firefighter Recruitment Campaign have now closed.
Please note: Any technical difficulties or enquiries relating to the online assessment process to be directed to www.onetest.com.au/candidatesupport.
Fire & Rescue NSW Permanent Firefighter Recruitment campaign is designed to identify intelligent, fit, healthy and community-minded women and men to join its permanent firefighter ranks.
Our world-class emergency service organisation relies on highly skilled, ethical and professional individuals from a variety of backgrounds. We are looking for people who can commit to Fire & Rescue NSW's values and contribute to fire prevention and emergency responses.
Firefighting is one of the most important and rewarding careers you could have. Firefighters are respected community members; and being a firefighter provides you with the opportunity to make a real and ongoing difference to the community of NSW.
Some important points to note however are as follows:
- If you applied in the 2013 PFF Campaign and want to be considered for the 2014 campaign you will need to reapply. Details can be found in the FAQ’s
- You must be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or New Zealand citizen. If you are a firefighter from another country, you will still need to satisfy these requirements before applying.
- You must have a minimum educational qualification at the level of HSC, Certificate III in any discipline or Trades Certificate.
- You must have a minimum of a green P2 drivers licence.
- If successful, on completion of recruit training you'll be stationed in the Sydney Metropolitan area. Opportunities for transfer to regional areas are limited.
- You will need to submit a short resume outlining your work history and educational qualifications.
- Your online assessment results will be verified as part of the interview process by completing a supervised test.
For enquiries please email: Recruitment@fire.nsw.gov.au
Meet our firefighters
Click on the photos below to view the Firefighter profiles.