Who we are and what we do
Fire & Rescue NSW's purpose is to enhance community safety, quality of life and confidence by minimising the impact of hazards and emergency incidents on the people, environment and economy of New South Wales. As one of the world’s largest urban fire and rescue services, we manage fire emergencies in NSW’s major cities and towns. We respond to rescues, hazardous materials incidents and possible terrorism activities across the State. We work with other government agencies to minimise the impact of bushfires, storms, floods, landslides, building collapses, motor vehicle accidents and other emergencies. We also run prevention and preparedness programs to prevent these emergencies and reduce their impact on the community.
Product warnings and recalls
- Warning On Hoverboards [external link]
- Public warning on portable butane 'lunchbox' cookers [external link]
- Electrical safety recall of Samsung top loading washing machines [external link]
Regional recruitment TV ad seeks new firefighters
Fire & Rescue NSW (FRNSW) has today launched a new recruitment ad campaign seeking retained (on-call) firefighters from throughout regional NSW. The 60-second TV ad, launched via social media today and...
Friday 22nd July 2016
Cold snap prompts firies to warn: keep ash out of trash
As record low temperatures continue to bite NSW, Fire & Rescue NSW (FRNSW) firefighters are warning householders to take every precaution in disposing of ash from fireplaces and...
Tuesday 28th June 2016
New firefighter academy for Sydney's west
Minister for Emergency Services David Elliott and Fire & Rescue NSW Commissioner Greg Mullins have announced plans for a new state-of-the-art firefighter training facility in Sydney’s west. Final negotiations are underway...
Tuesday 28th June 2016
Cold snap prompts house fire warning
The arrival of cooler temperatures has prompted Fire & Rescue NSW (FRNSW) to warn NSW residents to take every precaution to avoid a fire in the home. Firefighters have been called...
Monday 30th May 2016
Fire Station Open Day to take place on 21 May
Firefighters are encouraging the people of NSW to visit their local fire station for the Fire & Rescue NSW (FRNSW) annual Open Day this Saturday, 21 May. Fire Stations across the...
Monday 16th May 2016
ALARM RAISED ON WINTER FIRE SAFETY
Minister for Emergency Services David Elliott and Fire & Rescue NSW Commissioner Greg Mullins today urged the community to replace outdated smoke alarms to protect loved ones in the lead-up...
Wednesday 4th May 2016
In an emergency call
Triple Zero (000)
Call the NSW Rural Fire Service: 1800 679 737
www.rfs.nsw.gov.au [external link]
Floods and Storms
Call the SES: 132 500
www.ses.nsw.gov.au [external link]
What we're doing
Latest updates via Twitter [external link]
- Oct 1, 2016, 12:40 pm - BANORA POINT| #FRNSW at rescue incident, car has crashed into house. Driver released & transported to hospital. Crews stabilsing house.
- Sep 30, 2016, 1:56 pm - CANTERBURY | #FRNSW f/fighters at a garage #fire. Multiple 000 calls. Smoke visible in area. F/fighting operations underway.
- Sep 30, 2016, 12:58 pm - RT @NSWJustice: Red hot @FRNSW have turned the screws on Corrective Services, winning 32-14 in a highly anticipated rugby league rematch. T…
- Sep 30, 2016, 12:15 pm - RAYMOND TERRACE | UPDATE: #FRNSW f/fighters exting'd single lvl house #fire. All ppl accounted for.
- Sep 30, 2016, 11:57 am - RAYMOND TERRACE | #FRNSW f/fighters at a house #fire. Multiple 000 calls. Fire ops underway.
- Sep 30, 2016, 11:55 am - #FRNSW is at the Aboriginal Rugby League Knockout (@rabko2016) at Leichhardt Oval this weekend. Come along & see ou… https://twitter.com/i/web/status/781673786433298432 [external link]
- Sep 30, 2016, 10:24 am - SILVERWATER | UPDATE: #FRNSW f/fighters have made a large amount of bld'ing waste on Deakin Rd safe.
- Sep 30, 2016, 10:07 am - RT @MoF_Sydney: A tragic death was the result of an insurance scam fire at Baker’s Furniture Store in Cessnock, 1934. #FlashbackFriday @FRN…
- Sep 30, 2016, 10:02 am - LEPPINGTON | #FRNSW f/fighters at a house #fire. Lots of smoke from house under demolition. Fire ops underway.
- Sep 30, 2016, 9:34 am - SILVERWATER | #FRNSW f/fighters working to clear a lg amount of bld'ing waste on Deakin St. Rd closed as crews work to make area safe.
- Sep 30, 2016, 8:47 am - Is your BBQ ready for footy finals weekend? Sizzle safely with these BBQ tips. #FRNSW @NRL… http://www.fire.nsw.gov.au/page.php?id=323 [external link]
- Sep 30, 2016, 7:34 am - RT @LiveTrafficNSW: COWAN: All southbound lanes open on the M1 Pacific Mwy after a 2 truck accident. Lengthy delays will take some time to…