Who we are and what we do
Fire & Rescue NSW's purpose is to enhance community safety, quality of life and confidence by minimising the impact of hazards and emergency incidents on the people, environment and economy of New South Wales. As one of the world’s largest urban fire and rescue services, we manage fire emergencies in NSW’s major cities and towns. We respond to rescues, hazardous materials incidents and possible terrorism activities across the State. We work with other government agencies to minimise the impact of bushfires, storms, floods, landslides, building collapses, motor vehicle accidents and other emergencies. We also run prevention and preparedness programs to prevent these emergencies and reduce their impact on the community.
Product warnings and recalls
- Interim ban extended on alcohol-fuelled burners [external link]
- Interim ban on sale of portable decorative alcohol-fuelled burners [external link]
- Warning On Hoverboards [external link]
- Public warning on portable butane 'lunchbox' cookers [external link]
- Electrical safety recall of Samsung top loading washing machines [external link]
Time is running out to enter FRNSW's Brigade Kids Champion Competition
Time is running out for budding young artists to enter the Fire & Rescue NSW (FRNSW) Brigade Kids Champion Competition. Children from Kindergarten to Year 2 across NSW are encouraged to...
Thursday 13th April 2017
Fire safety advice for when flood clean up begins
Fire & Rescue NSW (FRNSW) is urging people in flood-affected areas to pay particular attention to their fire safety when cleaning up during the flood and when it recedes. FRNSW Acting...
Sunday 2nd April 2017
Change your clocks and check your smoke alarm
Fire & Rescue NSW (FRNSW) firefighters today urged residents to check their smoke alarms are in good working order when they change their clocks at the end of Daylight Saving...
Thursday 30th March 2017
Calling all young artists to enter the Brigade Kids Champion Competition
Fire & Rescue NSW (FRNSW) is calling on all budding young artists across the state to use their creativity and imagination to help promote fire safety, and have the chance...
Monday 13th March 2017
Fairer funding for fire and emergency services
A fairer system for funding NSW fire and emergency services is one step closer today, with Treasurer Dominic Perrottet to introduce the Fire and Emergency Services Levy Bill. The legislation gives...
Tuesday 7th March 2017
Forbes fire captain named in Australia Day Honours
Fire & Rescue NSW (FRNSW) fire officer Captain Brian Clarke’s long and dedicated service in leading emergency response and educating residents...
Thursday 26th January 2017
In an emergency call
Triple Zero (000)
Call the NSW Rural Fire Service: 1800 679 737
www.rfs.nsw.gov.au [external link]
Floods and Storms
Call the SES: 132 500
www.ses.nsw.gov.au [external link]
What we're doing
Latest updates via Twitter [external link]
- Apr 25, 2017, 1:34 pm - RT @BrendenWood: Anzac Day - Sydney. @FRNSW Ex-Services. #AnzacDay https://twitter.com/BrendenWood/status/856669779716747264/video/1 [external link]
- Apr 25, 2017, 1:33 pm - #FRNSW pays tribute to all servicemen & women this #ANZAC Day. Lest We Forget.
- Apr 25, 2017, 12:14 pm - KINGS PARK | UPDATE: 18hrs after it started, 200+ #FRNSW f/fighters have exting'd scrap metal #fire. Tattersall Rd to reopen soon.
- Apr 24, 2017, 7:55 pm - KINGS PARK | UPDATE: #FRNSW has protected adj factory complex. Workers evac safely. Scrap metal #fire expected to burn throughout night.
- Apr 24, 2017, 7:08 pm - KINGS PARK | UPDATE: #FRNSW crews from 20 surrounding stations working to bring scrap metal #fire under control. Ph… https://twitter.com/i/web/status/856434623483486210 [external link]
- Apr 24, 2017, 6:59 pm - KINGS PARK | UPDATE: 100+ #FRNSW f/fighters continue to battle scrap metal #fire. Lge vol of smoke. Tattersall Rd closed.
- Apr 24, 2017, 6:12 pm - KINGS PARK | 15 #FRNSW trucks on scene at large scrap metal yard #fire. No inj reported. Crews undertaking ops. Tattersall Rd. Avoid area.
- Apr 24, 2017, 4:02 pm - RT @pete7184: Just finished filming for #bstreetsmart with @jamiewhincup encouraging young adults to drive responsibly. #TowardsZero #road…
- Apr 24, 2017, 11:14 am - Only too happy to help. The next generation of firefighters? https://twitter.com/ShaunaColnan/status/855376371727515649 [external link]
- Apr 24, 2017, 11:08 am - RT @CORE_EngGroup: got a glimpse of what it takes to be a Fire Fighter for a Day with @FRNSW https://twitter.com/CORE_EngGroup/status/855292349898870784/photo/1 [external link]
- Apr 24, 2017, 11:07 am - Only too happy to help. The next generation for firefighters? https://twitter.com/ShaunaColnan/status/855376371727515649 [external link]
- Apr 22, 2017, 12:24 pm - CHARLESTOWN | #FRNSW on scene at another house fire. All occupants have been accounted for.