Fire and Rescue NSW's purpose is to enhance community safety, quality of life and confidence by minimising the impact of hazards and emergency incidents on the people, environment and economy of New South Wales. As one of the world’s largest urban fire and rescue services, we manage fire emergencies in NSW’s major cities and towns. We respond to rescues, hazardous materials incidents and possible terrorism activities across the State. We work with other government agencies to minimise the impact of bushfires, storms, floods, landslides, building collapses, motor vehicle accidents and other emergencies. We also run prevention and preparedness programs to prevent these emergencies and reduce their impact on the community.
Search for your local participating fire station by entering your postcode or suburb below.
Apply or register your interest to become a Retained Firefighter NOW!
Search for your local Retained Fire Station by entering your postcode or suburb.
Or call 1800 Firies (1800 347 437) to be put through to your nearest Zone Office.
Minister launches new Winter Fire Safety campaign
Minister for Police and Emergency Services, Michael Gallacher today urged householders not to be complacent after it was revealed that while the vast majority of NSW residents considered their homes...
Thursday 16th May 2013
Fire Chief warning after spate of Sydney unit fires
Fire & Rescue NSW (FRNSW) Commissioner Greg Mullins has warned NSW residents not to be complacent about home fire safety following a spate of unit fires in Sydney today (Wednesday...
Wednesday 10th April 2013
Wet and cold weather prompts home fire safety reminder
Fire & Rescue NSW (FRNSW) reminds NSW residents not to resort to unsafe practices to dry wet clothing and flooring during the current spate of wet weather. Superintendent Tom Cooper, Manager...
Thursday 4th April 2013
87% of New South Wales households are not compliant with Australian fire services recommendations
NSW residents are still placing their homes at great risk of fire with only 13 per cent of NSW family households admitting to meeting Australia’s fire and emergency services’ guidelines,...
Wednesday 3rd April 2013
Triple Zero kid game upgraded to target at-risk groups
Federal Attorney-General and Minister for Emergency Management, Mark Dreyfus, and emergency services personnel have today launched an upgraded online computer game for primary school-aged children to educate at-risk groups on...
Thursday 28th March 2013
Tumut Firefighter Championships a success
Fire and rescue officers from across NSW battled it out in front of scores of spectators at the Fire & Rescue NSW (FRNSW) Firefighter Regional Championships at Tumut over the...
Wednesday 27th March 2013
In an emergency call
Triple Zero (000)
Floods and Storms
Call the SES: 132 500
Bushfire Information Line
Call the NSW Rural Fire Service: 1800 679 737
What we're doing
Latest updates via Twitter
- May 20, 2013, 12:05 pm - #FRNSW UPDATE re building #fire at Pelican - #fire contained to room of origin by three crews of f/fighters. Position in hand.
- May 20, 2013, 11:51 am - #FRNSW UPDATE re building #fire at Pelican - 2 level building fully involved in #fire. Four #fire crews on scene. No injuries reported.
- May 20, 2013, 11:38 am - #FRNSW Firefighters responding to a building #fire in Pelican, Lake Macquarie. Two #fire crews on scene - evacs underway.
- May 20, 2013, 11:28 am - Update #Goulburn: House #fire exting'd and being ventilated. All occupants accounted for.
- May 20, 2013, 10:51 am - 2 #FRNSW Goulburn crews in breathing apparatus extinguishing #fire in house, Sterne St, #Goulburn. No one in home.
- May 20, 2013, 7:01 am - Just after 2:45am, #FRNSW stopped #fire destroying a house: James St, Windale. Laundry and part of roof v/badly damaged.
- May 20, 2013, 6:54 am - O/night #FRNSW extinguished a house #fire at James St, #Windale. #Fire in laundry.
- May 20, 2013, 6:52 am - Just after 3am, #FRNSW with #NSWRFS at building #fire, Illawarra Airport. Building suffered significant damage.
- May 20, 2013, 6:50 am - O/night #FRNSW ext'd a building #fire Hargraves Ave, #AlbionParkRail (near airport).
- May 19, 2013, 6:23 pm - #FRNSW assisting #NSWRFS at cotton bales alight on a semitrailer, s/bound #F3, Killingworth @LiveTrafficNSW. Bales being ext'd.