Employees Relief and Welfare Fund
The NSW Fire Brigades Employees Relief and Welfare Fund supports members during times of hardship. Membership is open to all permanent firefighters, retained firefighters and administrative and trades staff.
Members make a nominal fortnightly financial contribution (via payroll deduction) to help support colleagues and friends in their time of need.
The fund can provide a wide range of financial assistance and support offering peace of mind for members and their loved ones.
All applications are treated promptly and in the strictest of confidence with the identity of those receiving assistance known only to the committee and the fund’s auditors.
The fund prefers to pay various expenses or provide services, rather than make direct payments to members. This approach safeguards members from breaching taxation laws and protects the fund from fraudulent claims.
- Financial assistance in times of hardship
- Mortality benefit in the event of a death of a member, member’s partner or dependent child, by providing financial assistance towards funeral costs
- Assistance to purchase medical equipment or mobility aids
- Emergency accommodation units – located above Marrickville Fire Station and available for members who require accommodation in Sydney due to medical or other urgent needs, on a short term basis
- Referrals to financial advice
- Discounted holiday accommodation in Forster (allocated by annual ballot)
- Free Taronga Zoo and Western Plains Zoo family passes
- Peer support and friendship.
For more information about the fund, including applications for assistance of any kind, visit via the FRNSW Intranet: http://rwfund.nswfire.nsw.gov.au.
Enquiries can be directed to any member of the fund’s committee or by contacting (02) 9265 2772 or 0488 586 399.