Fire ED Level 2
What is Fire Ed level 2?
Fire Ed Level 2 is a fire safety awareness program structured specifically for children in the age group of 10-12 years or age. It is delivered by both trained teachers and firefighters.
To provide a school fire safety program for children 10-12 years of age that meets the learning outcomes of the NSW Board of Studies PDHPE syllabus for stage 3 students.
The key objectives of Fire Ed Level 2 are that children:
- develop an increased awareness of Home Fire Safety procedures and practices
- grow in their understanding of the role of firefighters in the community
- learn home fire safety information which may lead to preventing house fires
- develop basic fire science concepts.
Book the Fire ED Level 2 program for your school
Contact your local Fire and Rescue NSW station to organise a visit from your local firefighters to present Fire ED Level 2 at your school.
At the time of organising the specific details of program delivery for your school, we would appreciate it if you could advise us if there are any students who:
- have specific disabilities that we need to know about, or
- have suffered bad burns or have been recently involved in a serious fire incident.
This information will help us to adapt our program where possible.
We would also appreciate your promotion of this program specifically and fire safety generally in your school's newsletter. To this end, we will provide you with a suggested article which emphasises the major issues of fire safety for your school community.