Step 3. Merit-based recruitment stages
Review of two targeted questions
- Candidates who meet the physical requirements will have their Responses to targeted questions reviewed.
- A selection panel will assess responses to the targeted questions
Merit selection will determine which candidates progress to the Online Verification Stage
Candidates will be required to undertake a verification assessment to confirm their previous cognitive ability psychometric assessment result.
Candidates that verify will be progressed to the Interview and Group Activity Stage
Interview and Group Activity
Candidates will face questions from four different two-person panels to ensure divergent opinions determine the best candidates for the role regardless of gender, ethnicity or sexuality.
This exercise will assess your effectiveness at working within a team.
Do not assume that if you reach this stage the interview is simply a formality; more candidates will be brought to interview than there are positions available. It is a critical part of the selection process and is subject to rigorous assessment.
Merit selection will determine the best candidates to move forward to the next recruitment stage
Employment checks will be undertaken following interview and include:
- Reference checks – referees should be a supervisor/manager within a work environment.
- Conduct and Service Checks – NSW Government employees only.
- Driving history check – this information will be requested at the interview stage.
- Criminal Records Check – this information will be requested after being cleared medically fit.