Fire and Rescue NSW is responsible for managing fire emergencies in major cities, metropolitan areas and towns across regional and rural New South Wales.
We serve the community of NSW by:
- responding quickly to calls of fire (24 hours a day, 7 days a week)
- protecting property within NSW and saving properties from structural fire.
As part of our commitment we aim to:
- reduce the response time of fire engines through continuous improvement of response procedures, introduction of new technology and improvements in service delivery
- reduce the number of incidents where the cause of fire is reported as undetermined
- increase percentage of fires confined to object/room of origin
- reduce the average dollar loss suffered by the community as a result of structure fires.