Our purpose is to enhance community safety, quality of life and confidence by minimising the impact of hazards and emergency incidents on the people, environment and economy of NSW.
This is achieved through delivering the following services to the community:
- Our highly skilled firefighters use their expertise and experience to educate others in preventing or preparing for emergencies
- Our firefighters, community fire unit members and support staff provide rapid, reliable help in emergencies - 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Our firefighters protect 90% of the State’s population from emergencies involving fire, motor vehicle accidents and other dangerous situations
- We protect 100% of the State’s 7.79 million people from hazardous material emergencies and building collapse
- We provide counter-terrorism consequence management for 100% of the State
- We save lives and reduce the number of injuries caused by these emergencies
- We minimise damage to the environment by treating chemical, biological or radiological releases on land and inland waters
- We minimise damage to property and the State’s economy and protect community infrastructure
- In partnership with the community and the other emergency services, we plan and train for the emergencies we all hope will never happen.