NSWFB art competition presentations
Published: 29th October 2010
The finalists of the NSW Fire Brigades (NSWFB) Art Competition have been announced.
The eight finalists have each been presented with a framed certificate signed by NSWFB Commissioner Greg Mullins and a key ring featuring a miniature replica of a firefighter’s brass helmet.
The presentations took place at the students’ schools and the Brigades thanks the schools for their hospitality.
The art competition finalists are:
- Abbey Neilson - West Wallsend Public School
- Joel Hammond - West Wallsend Public School
- Imogen Anderson - Lambton Public School
- Byron Arkinstall - Lambton Public School
- Jared William Horsfield - Lambton Public School
- Donovan Wilson - Fairfield Patrician Brothers
- Angel Lousie Ruhl - TAFE Eora Centre
- Adam Giles-Wilson - Claremont Meadows Public School
Competition entries were on public display at the Redfern Community Centre during NAIDOC Week.
A visitors’ survey during the exhibition period resulted in the presentation of a Peoples’ Choice Award to Charles Kawan of Yagoona Public School.
Four winners will be selected from the field of finalists and their artworks will be used to create a mural on the exterior wall of Redfern Fire Station once development approval for the project has been granted.