What we're doing
For the latest information on current bush and grass fires, visit www.rfs.nsw.gov.au or call the NSW Rural Fire Service bushfire information line: 1800 679 737
For all life threatening emergencies call Triple Zero (000)
- Dec 11, 2013, 9:41 am - #FRNSW at a truck accident Phillip St, #Parramatta. Rd closures affecting Marsden and Phillip Sts. No injuries. @LiveTrafficSyd
- Dec 11, 2013, 1:12 am - #FRNSW at a top floor unit #fire in 3 storey unit block at #Kingswood. 15 ppl evac'd. F/fighting ops underway.
- Dec 10, 2013, 9:25 pm - #FRNSW have ext'd a house #fire at #Greystanes. Fire started in kitchen & spread to ceiling. 1 fm evac'd. House severely damaged.
- Dec 10, 2013, 7:44 pm - #FRNSW & #NSWRFS have ext'd a house #fire at #Wellington. Fire in kitchen & ceiling. No one inside house.
- Dec 10, 2013, 3:00 pm - UPDATE #Beresfield: John Renshaw Dr reopened after #FRNSW and #ASNSW rescued and transported injured male.
- Dec 10, 2013, 2:16 pm - #FRNSW at a car & truck accident John Renshaw Dr, #Beresfield. #ASNSW treating 1 injured person. W/b lanes blocked. @LiveTrafficNSW
- Dec 10, 2013, 1:34 pm - #FRNSW at 3 vehicle crash Princes Highway, #Heathcote. 1 person still trapped. Road shut in both directions for helicopter to land.
- Dec 10, 2013, 1:18 pm - #FRNSW Chief Greg Mullins warns #NSW residents to be vigilant after a spate of house & unit #fires. http://t.co/r32M6nhkPe
- Dec 10, 2013, 12:13 pm - UPDATE #Forresters Beach: #FRNSW have released trapped person from vehicle, transported to hospital by #ASNSW.
- Dec 10, 2013, 11:26 am - #FRNSW at crash on Bellevue rd #Forresters Beach. Crews working to release trapped person, 2 others treated by #ASNSW. Avoid area.
- Dec 10, 2013, 10:46 am - This morning #FRNSW ext'd a house #fire at #Ryde which saw 8 ppl evac'd & 2 ppl taken to hosp with smoke inhl'n. http://t.co/ohpBJDQwDq
- Dec 10, 2013, 8:49 am - AUDIO | interview with #FRNSW Station Commander, Bruce McIntosh - Ryde house #fire | https://t.co/sqPENZxNOH
- Dec 10, 2013, 7:14 am - UPDATE #Ryde: #FRNSW have ext'd a house #fire at Willandra St. 2 ppl taken to hosp with smoke inhl'n. http://t.co/bvVkvEIquH
- Dec 10, 2013, 5:57 am - O/night 2356: #FRNSW ext'd a single level house #fire at #Smithfield. No injuries. House unoccupied.
- Dec 10, 2013, 5:53 am - #FRNSW at a house #fire at #Ryde. House fully involved. Everyone out of the house. F/fighting ops underway.
- Dec 10, 2013, 5:50 am - #FRNSW at a single level house #fire at #Nowra. F/fighting ops underway. Crews have main fire under control.
- Dec 9, 2013, 2:23 pm - UPDATE #Naremburn: #FRNSW #firefighters have ext'd a median strip #fire on Warringah Freeway (M1). Heavy traffic in area. @LiveTrafficSyd
- Dec 9, 2013, 2:19 pm - RT @LiveTrafficSyd: NAREMBURN: 1 of 3 citybound lanes of #GoreHillFwy closed approaching Willoughby Rd due to grass fire. Expect delays
- Dec 9, 2013, 2:18 pm - #FRNSW at a median strip #fire on Warringah Freeway (M1) at #Naremburn nr Willoughby Rd exit. Crews working to extinguish the fire.
- Dec 9, 2013, 12:52 pm - UPDATE #Mittagong: 3 #FRNSW crews attacking 20mx40m bldg fire and trying to stop it spreading. 20 self-evacs. All ppl accounted for.
- Dec 9, 2013, 12:46 pm - UPDATE #Cessnock: Power lines have been cleared from truck. Area made safe. #ASNSW treated and released 1 person. Rd reopened.
- Dec 9, 2013, 12:30 pm - #FRNSW crews responding to a #fire in a mechanic's workshop, Priestley St, #Mittagong. Lots of black smoke. F/fighting ops under way.
- Dec 9, 2013, 12:22 pm - #FRNSW at 2-car MVA, Cessnock Rd nr Kemp St, #Cessnock. Accident has brought down wires on a truck. Exclusion zone in place. Rd closed.
- Dec 9, 2013, 9:47 am - UPDATE #Cataract: #FRNSW crew have released trapped person after crash on Mount Ousley rd. Scene being cleared.Long delays. @LiveTrafficSyd
- Dec 9, 2013, 9:02 am - RT @nswpolice: Body found after unit fire - #Greenacre. https://t.co/z4gt1mSwzw http://t.co/eFpsAnYS6P
- Dec 9, 2013, 8:51 am - #FRNSW on scene at accident Mount Ousley rd, #Cataract. 1 person trapped, rescue underway. S/b lanes closed, traffic heavy.@LiveTrafficNSW
- Dec 9, 2013, 8:00 am - UPDATE #Greenacre: #FRNSW firefighters have ext'd a unit #fire. 1 person still missing.
- Dec 9, 2013, 7:31 am - #FRNSW at a unit #fire at #Greenacre. Fire in bedroom in unit on top floor. F/fighting ops underway.
- Dec 8, 2013, 5:40 pm - #FRNSW at a 2 level house #fire at #Narrabri. F/fighting ops underway.
- Dec 8, 2013, 5:38 pm - UPDATE #QueanbeyanWest: #FRNSW & #ACTFR have ext'd a unit #fire. Crews mopping up.
- Quick Links
- Online Payments
- Automatic Fire Alarms
- Media releases
- Retained recruitment
- Hoarding and Squalor Fire Safety
- Lodge fire safety concern
- Building fire safety
- Fire safety for business
- Smoke alarms
- Recovery - After the fire
- Community Fire Units
- Right to information
- Find a fire station
Bush and grass fire information
For information regarding Fire Bans and other Fire Restrictions contact The NSW Rural Fire Service on 1800 679 737 or visit http://www.rfs.nsw.gov.au
Stay up to date with the latest information about bush fires by checking www.rfs.nsw.gov.au (NSW Rural Fire Service website), listening to your local radio station or by calling the NSW RFS Bush Fire Information Line on 1800 679 737.
If your life is at risk, call Triple Zero (000) immediately.