What we're doing
For the latest information on current bush and grass fires, visit www.rfs.nsw.gov.au [external link] or call the NSW Rural Fire Service bushfire information line: 1800 679 737
For all life threatening emergencies call Triple Zero (000)
- Apr 28, 2015, 11:15 am - WETHERILL PARK | #FRNSW fighting a bld'ing #fire at The Horsley Dr. Fire in ducting in industrial unit being used as a restaurant.
- Apr 28, 2015, 8:40 am - SYDNEY CBD | #FRNSW f/fighters investigating reports of smoke on lvl 8 of a bld'ing on Clarence St. 8 ppl evac'd.
- Apr 27, 2015, 8:24 pm - CUNNINGAR Burley Griffin Way | #FRNSW HAZMAT ops. at a B-double truck roll over after crash with a car. #NSWRFS @nswpolice @NSWAmbulance
- Apr 27, 2015, 8:19 pm - RT @LiveTrafficNSW: CUNNINGAR: #Burley Griffin Way, closed in both directions. Diversions via Olympic Highway, Mattama Road and Hume Highwa…
- Apr 27, 2015, 5:28 pm - WATCH | Rub-a-dub-dub, a bunch of firies & paramedics rescue a boy from a tub - as seen on @9NewsSyd | #FRNSW http://short.ninem.sn/S7tYejW [external link]
- Apr 27, 2015, 4:17 pm - PORT KEMBLA | #FRNSW crews fighting a garage #fire. Multiple 000 calls & large volumes of smoke. Fire ops underway.
- Apr 27, 2015, 4:16 pm - BUNDEENA | #FRNSW crews fighting a house #fire. Ground floor significantly damaged. No one inside. Fire ops continuing.
- Apr 25, 2015, 9:47 pm - EARLIER | #FRNSW crews check cars caught in floodwater: Alexandria, Marrickville & Haberfield. Several ppl rescued. http://twitter.com/FRNSW/status/591931520492834817/photo/1 [external link]
- Apr 25, 2015, 7:13 pm - #FRNSW crews continue responding to #NSWweather related incidents. Pic | Ashfield crew at Petersham. http://twitter.com/FRNSW/status/591892769259454464/photo/1 [external link]
- Apr 25, 2015, 6:15 pm - #FRNSW crews responding to large number of #NSWWeather related calls after heavy hail & rain. For storm assistance call @NSWSES 132 500.
- Apr 25, 2015, 5:24 pm - Pics HUNTINGWOOD | roofs of several large factories collapsed - damage being assessed after hail storm. http://twitter.com/FRNSW/status/591865318294695936/photo/1 [external link]
- Apr 25, 2015, 5:03 pm - HUNTINGWOOD | Several large factories have collapsed after very heavy hail. No active #fire, collapse only. Major #FRNSW op. u/way.
- Apr 25, 2015, 4:07 pm - HUNTINGWOOD update | warehouse #fire. Major fire fighting operation getting underway, numerous #FRNSW crews on scene/responding.
- Apr 25, 2015, 4:02 pm - HUNTINGWOOD | #FRNSW responding to a building #fire & collapse. Further details to follow.
- Apr 25, 2015, 7:09 am - COOKS HILL | #FRNSW investigating a gas leak, Council St. Nearby residents evac'd for safety. @nswpolice also on scene.
- Apr 24, 2015, 4:05 pm - BELMORE | UPDATE: F/fighting ops continue at factory fire. High-rise firefighting truck at work. 2 ppl with burns taken to hospital.
- Apr 24, 2015, 3:16 pm - NARROMINE | #FRNSW & @NSWRFS at a hay shed well alight, Tomingley Rd. Large amount of smoke. Multiple fire hoses at work.
- Apr 24, 2015, 3:11 pm - BELMORE | #FRNSW crews responding to a fire in a workshop, Harp St. Blding well alight when f/fighters arrived. All accounted for.
- Apr 24, 2015, 2:53 pm - NARRABEEN | UPDATE: House has been brought down. #FRNSW f/fighters now dampening it down to reduce dust cloud. http://twitter.com/FRNSW/status/591464909289848832/photo/1 [external link]
- Apr 24, 2015, 12:03 pm - NEWCASTLE | Firefighters on scene of ruptured gas main, Wharf Rd - 100m exclusion zone in place
- Apr 24, 2015, 11:58 am - NARRABEEN | UPDATE: #FRNSW crews bringing in heavy equipment to demolish house that's threatening to topple http://twitter.com/FRNSW/status/591420795785768960/photo/1 [external link]
- Apr 24, 2015, 11:49 am - ST MARYS | #FRNSW crews working to contain electrical #fire in above ground transformer, West Lane - 80m radius cordoned off
- Apr 24, 2015, 9:01 am - #FRNSW Rapid Damage Assessment teams in Dungog to assess flood damage, assisting @NSWSES in recovery effort http://twitter.com/FRNSW/status/591376296162164736/photo/1 [external link]
- Apr 24, 2015, 6:37 am - COFFS HARBOUR | #FRNSW @NSWRFS cleaning up 2km diesel spill from a semi's ruptured fuel tank, #PacificHwy. Spill from Englands Rd-Lyons Rd.
- Apr 23, 2015, 9:11 pm - SINGLETON update | F/fighters putting out final hot spots after fire extended up through the roof at the back of the house.
- Apr 23, 2015, 9:01 pm - MIRANDA update (revised Gwawley Pde) | Lounge room #fire started by overloaded powerboards is out. No one home.
- Apr 23, 2015, 8:06 pm - SINGLETON | #FRNSW called to a house well alight, Mitchell Ave. All occ's accounted for. F/fighting ops under way.
- Apr 23, 2015, 7:39 pm - MIRANDA | F/fighting ops underway at a house #fire, Parraweena Rd. Smoke coming from roof when #FRNSW arrived. All occ's accounted for.
- Apr 23, 2015, 4:53 pm - HAYMARKET | #FRNSW fighting a building #fire on lvl 1 of a building on George St. Lvl 1 smoke logged. Fire ops underway.
- Apr 23, 2015, 4:51 pm - BOLWARRA HEIGHTS | #FRNSW at a house #fire. Smoke issuing from roof. Fire ops underway.
Floods and storms information
For emergency help in floods and storms call the SES on 132 500. Call Triple Zero (000) for life-threatening emergencies.
For tips on what your family can do to prepare for storms, visit www.stormsafe.com.au [external link]