1. Home
  2. For Business
  3. Building Fire Safety
  4. Lodge fire safety concern
Print this page Reduce font size Increase font size

Lodge fire safety concern


Local council are the regulatory authority for fire safety in the built environment, and have greater scope to address these concerns than FRNSW. We recommend you report your concerns to council in the first instance.

You can, however lodge a concern with FRNSW regarding the fire safety of a given premises. An inspection will be performed by FRNSW or the local Council under Section 118L of the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979 and Orders may be issued to the owner to remedy the concern raised. You can lodge your concern anonymously, however FRNSW and/or local Council has greater powers to enter and inspect the building if you include your contact details.

Who may apply?



Lodgement of fire safety concern [external e-form link]


There are no charges associated with lodging a Fire Safety Concern.


For all concerns regarding building fire safety compliance, please contact:

Fire & Rescue Building Fire Safety Unit

Email: BFS@fire.nsw.gov.au

Phone: (02) 9742 7434

Monday to Friday, 7am to 5pm